My Soulmate (Mera Mahi) Chapter 12

 My Soulmate (Mera Mahi)


Chapter: 12

At the sound of Zareef's urgent voice, Mani came running. "Yes, Uncle! What happened?" Zareef, visibly shaken, shouted, "Quick! Call the doctor!" Mani immediately dialed the doctor's number. Within moments, Mian Ji and Roshan Ara also reached Fiza's room. A wave of anxiety washed over everyone; they couldn't understand what had suddenly gone wrong. Mian Ji said with deep concern, "Ensure Fiza gets a thorough check-up. I don't understand why her health has deteriorated again so suddenly today."

By then, Mani had arrived with the doctor. After a detailed examination, the doctor asked, "Has she ever fainted like this before?" Zareef replied, "Never before. She just felt a bit heavy and dizzy yesterday." The doctor nodded thoughtfully and explained, "This usually happens when a person is under immense stress. Bring her to my clinic tomorrow; I need to conduct some essential tests. For now, I've administered an injection; she should regain consciousness shortly." Mani saw the doctor out while Mian Ji and Roshan Ara consoled Zareef, assuring him that Fiza would be fine before retreating to their rooms.

Meanwhile, Reja called Roshan Ara. When she inquired about everyone's well-being, her grandmother informed her, "Fiza's health has taken a turn for the worse again. She was getting ready to go to Rehman's house with Zareef, but we don't know what happened to the poor girl so suddenly." Reja expressed her worry, "Nano, Mami needs a full check-up." Their conversation was interrupted by Siraj's voice in the background calling out to Reja. She quickly hung up, telling her grandmother that her father was calling.

"Yes, Baba? You called?" Reja asked as she entered his room. Siraj took some money out of his wallet and handed it to her. "Here, this is for your trip. Let me know if you need anything else." Reja was stunned. "Baba! How did you know I wanted to go?" Siraj explained softly, "Samra's father called me. He requested that I let you go, saying he was allowing Samra so you both could look after each other and enjoy some recreation. I told him that you would definitely go."

Reja was overjoyed hearing the permission from her father's own mouth. She thanked him and turned to leave when Siraj asked, "Where is your mother?" Reja replied, "She went out with the driver to buy some supplies." Siraj nodded. "Fine, have a cup of tea sent to my room." Reja went to the kitchen to instruct the cook and then immediately messaged Samra: "Your father did wonders! How did he convince my Baba? He has been acting so differently since yesterday."

Samra replied instantly, "I told you I'd get your name on the list! Rohan and I had already registered you. I was scared your father wouldn't agree, but my Papa made it happen. He's the best Papa." Reja smiled at the message but paused at the phrase "Best Papa." She thought to herself, "I wish you were the 'Best Papa' too, Baba. I wish I could tell you that Mama is avoiding you. Did she overhear those things in the hospital room? No, if she had, she would have asked. Why did Baba hide it? He should have trusted Mama."

Lost in these thoughts, she brought the tea to her father's room. She knocked, placed the tea on the side table, and was about to leave when her father's phone vibrated. An unknown number was calling. As it rang persistently, Reja picked it up. A voice on the other end spoke quickly: "Siraj Sahib! The work you requested has been arranged. Do we just scare Rehman, or should we remove him entirely? Why aren't you saying anything?"

Reja disconnected the line in a panic. Hearing the bathroom door open, she quickly hung up. Siraj stepped out and said, "Oh, you brought the tea?" Reja gathered her courage and asked point-blank, "Baba! What are you planning to do to Uncle Rehman?" Siraj was taken aback. "Nothing, beta. Who told you that?" Reja cried out, "Baba! I only want the truth now. Are you thinking of harming Uncle Rehman?"

Siraj finally confessed, "No, my intention isn't to kill him, just to scare him so he stops his excesses. I had my eye on that land; he doubled the price just to spite me and get it registered in his name. I made the deal first, and he got it canceled. He needs to be taught a lesson." Reja pleaded, "Baba! There is already so much trouble; why are you starting a feud? Don't do this! Call the person back right now and cancel it. If you do anything, I will tell Mama and Mian Ji everything." Siraj was stunned; he hadn't expected such bluntness from Reja.

Reja hurried out of the room. Zarmeenay saw her looking upset as they crossed paths, but Reja went straight to her room. Zarmeenay entered the room and found Siraj lost in thought. "Did you say something to Reja?" Siraj just stared at Zarmeenay. She said seriously, "I have one request: whatever you did to me, please do not do that to my daughter."

After the doctor left and Fiza regained consciousness, she found Zareef by her side. "Fiza! How are you now? Everyone was so worried." Fiza leaned back against the headboard and said, "I'm fine; I just don't understand what happened myself. Where are the kids?" Zareef replied, "They are in the lawn with Mani. I'll go inform Mother and Mian Ji; they've asked about you twice already."

As Zareef turned to leave, Fiza grabbed his hand. "Zareef! My heart feels very heavy. " Zareef sat close to her. "I know you are troubled by something; the doctor mentioned it too." Fiza asked, "How much do you trust me?" Zareef smiled. "Who knows you better than I do? You are my life partner, and I love you. Why are you asking this?"

Fiza's voice trembled. "I'm starting to fear that someone might turn you against me. I have never loved anyone but you in my life; you are my first and my last love. " Zareef held her hand affectionately. "There is no doubt that you are my loyal wife. I will never doubt you based on what others say." Fiza took a deep breath, feeling a great weight lift off her shoulders.

When Zareef went to Mian Ji's room, Mani was already there. "Mian Ji! Uncle! I have something very important to tell you. "Mani's face was grave. "I just got a call from Aneel. Rehman Sahib is planning to take Aneel to the farmhouse to have a secret Nikkah performed with Ramsha. Aneel found out through someone in the office. He has requested that Mian Ji perform his Nikkah with Reja instead so that Reja is secured and Ramsha returns empty-handed. "Zareef and Mian Ji grew thoughtful; they realized they had to act fast.

When Aneel called again, Reja answered. Aneel asked, "Reja! Is anyone near you?" Reja checked the room. "No, I'm alone, and the door is locked. Tell me, what is it?" Aneel took a deep breath and revealed, "Reja! A reliable source from Papa's office told me that Papa plans to take me to the farmhouse to force a secret Nikkah with Ramsha. He wants to trap me into this relationship, but I've decided to destroy his plan."

Reja's heart pounded. "How, Aneel?" Aneel asked directly, "Reja! Will you stand by me?" Without any hesitation, Reja replied, "Yes, Aneel! I will stand by you. Just tell me what to do." Aneel explained the details: "I've told Mani everything, and he has taken Uncle Zareef and Mian Ji into confidence. I've asked Mian Ji for help to perform our Nikkah. Who can stand against Mian Ji? Neither my mother, Nasreen, nor your mother, Zarmeenay, will object, and Uncle Zareef is also in agreement. Mian Ji and Nano are all on our side; the only problem is the ego of our fathers, who are playing with our happiness."

Reja asked, confused, "But Aneel, how will all of this happen?" Aneel explained the full plan: "We have to take this step tomorrow. I will reach Mian Ji's house during university hours, and you must get there too. Mani has arranged for the cleric (Maulvi), and Mian Ji has called the lawyer. Tomorrow morning, leave for university in your usual casual clothes. The driver will drop you at the university, where Mian Ji's driver will be waiting to pick you up and bring you to the Haveli. Your jewelry and clothes will be ready there, and Fiza Mami will help you get ready. Remember, don't tell anyone yet. Samra and Rohan will be there, and my guardians will be Uncle Zareef and Mian Ji himself."

Reja was about to say something when she heard Zarmeenay's voice from outside: "Reja! Come for dinner. Are you still working on that assignment?" Reja panicked and hung up, calling back loudly, "Just finished, Mama! You go ahead; I'm coming." After Zarmeenay left, Reja took a deep breath to steady herself. Only one thought danced in her mind: tomorrow, under the guardianship of Mian Ji, she and Aneel would finally be one forever.

(To be continued...)

Legal Warning & Copyright All rights reserved by the author, Ishrat Zahid (Ishrat Khanum). All characters, names, and events in this story are fictional. Any part of this text copied, stolen, or published on any other platform (social media or website) without the author's permission is a legal offense. Strict legal action will be taken against violators. Disclaimer: This is a fictional story intended for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to any person, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.


Comments

Mera Hisar, Social Stories

Mera Hisar (My Fortress)-Chapter 6

Mera Hisaar (My Fortress): Last Chapters (Mega Finale)