My Soulmate (Mera Mahi) Chapter 3
My Soulmate (Mera Mahi)
Chapter: 3
The sun's intensity was slowly fading, but the heat inside Mian Ji's drawing room was only rising. Unlike the cheerful chirping of birds in the lawn outside, the atmosphere within was heavy. Rahman Sahab, whose face usually bore a trademark business-like sternness, appeared unusually restless today.
"Mian Ji! I haven't come here to plead about old family ties," Rahman Sahab said, placing his teacup on the table with a tone dripping with bitterness. "Siraj is crossing his limits. He has set his sights on the land right next to where I've decided to lay the foundation for my new textile factory. He knows it's an expansion of my business, yet he is intentionally interfering."
Mian Ji looked at Rahman Sahab from behind his glasses and spoke calmly, "Rahman! Lands come and go; learn to value old relationships. Siraj is, after all, a part of this family."
"Family?" Rahman Sahab laughed sarcastically. "Family is those who support you, not those who become an obstacle at every turn. Mian Ji! Tell him to get the idea of that land out of his heart, or I will take such a harsh step that he will lose the rest of his lands too."
Before the conversation could end, Rahman Sahab dealt a second blow. "And one more thing... I do not like Aneel coming here anymore. I know Reeja comes here too. I don't want my son to burn in the fire of this enmity or be tied into a relationship that makes us weaker. I have already decided Aneel's future. My partner's daughter, 'Ramsha,' is returning after completing her studies in London. I have decided to marry Aneel to Ramsha to keep my business secure and save him from these useless emotional ties."
Mian Ji's silence gave Rahman Sahab a sense of victory. But as he rose to leave, Mian Ji's voice echoed: "Rahman! Let go of the anger... Zareef is coming back, along with his wife, Fiza, and their children."
Hearing that name, Rahman Sahab's feet felt glued to the floor. 'Fiza...' It wasn't just a name; it was an unfinished chapter of his past that he had closed years ago. Suddenly, cold evenings and the memory of Fiza's abrupt departure flashed through his mind. His anger vanished, replaced by a strange ache in his heart. Without another word, carrying the weight of his ego, he walked out of the room.
He hurried past Mani without a glance and drove away. Mani immediately rushed to his room and dialed a number. Aneel, who was waiting for his call, picked up on the first ring. "Yes, Mani! What happened? Why was Baba there?"
Mani informed him about the fight over the factory land and the plan to evict Siraj Saha. "And the second piece of news is that Zareef Mamoo is coming." Hearing Fiza Mumani's name, Aneel's anger subsided, but his heart felt heavy. Mani suppressed a laugh and added, "One more thing, congratulations! You didn't tell me things were settled with Ramsha. So, what will you say to Reeja? Are you just passing time with her?"
Aneel snapped, "What are you talking about? Why would I marry Ramsha?" Mani chuckled, "Well, your father's attitude suggested exactly that." Mani barely controlled his laughter while Aneel fumed. "Mani, is there anything else?" "I've told you everything," Mani replied, and Aneel hung up. Mani muttered to himself, "He could have at least said 'Allah Hafiz.' He just treats everyone like his personal informant."
Reeja was sitting at her writing table, making notes, when her phone rang. It was 'Nano Calling.' "You left with Mani without telling me," Roshan Ara said. "What about the biryani and chicken karahi I had made? Who was that for?" Reeja replied, "Nano, sorry! After hearing about Khalu, I couldn't stay. He speaks so ill of Baba. No matter how Baba is, I am his daughter; I can't listen to that."
Roshan Ara paused, then said, "I'll deal with Siraj, too. I long to meet my daughter, but when he brings her, they don't even let mother and daughter sit together for two minutes." Reeja promised to tell her mother to call. Then she asked, "Nano, was there a fight? Mani scared me, saying we are in trouble."
Roshan Ara laughed. "He just scares you. No one knows anything. Besides, he doesn't come to see you; he comes to talk to us." Reeja then changed the subject to Zareef Mamoo. "Nano, Mani mentioned Zareef Mamoo is coming to Pakistan. I saw him in an album; he was so handsome. Is he still the same?"
Roshan Ara's voice softened. "My eyes ache to see him. I'll tell you how he looks when he arrives. He was my only son, the darling of both sisters. He was stubborn about studying abroad, and once he left, he seemingly forgot his parents."
To lighten the mood, Reeja asked, "Nano, will you ever get Mani married?" "Let him become capable of something first!" she replied. "He barely finished matriculation and now acts like a king over the servants. "Reeja smiled. "Nano, I need to study now; I have a test tomorrow." "Study with all your heart," Nano advised. "My heart is already 'set' somewhere, Nano; I just hope it stays set right," Reeja teased. "Stop your mischief and focus on your studies!" Roshan Ara laughed as they said their goodbyes.
At the university canteen, four friends were huddled together trying to solve the "star-crossed lovers" problem—how to unite Reeja and Aneel and end the family feud. Reeja was staring at Aneel when a white Civic pulled up. A girl stepped out in a short shirt and jeans, heavy makeup on her face, and loud music blaring from the car.
She walked straight to their table. "Aneel! Are you there?" Ramsha announced she had arrived this morning and came straight to see him. "You know, I wanted to see if Papa picked a 'cartoon' for me, but I must admit, you're quite dashing. " Ramsha grabbed Aneel's hand and led him away.
Inside the car, Aneel's face was flushed with anger. "Ramsha! Why did you come to the university? Do you have any idea what you've done?" Ramsha let out a loud, careless laugh. "Oh come on, Aneel! I wanted to surprise you. Did you forget? When you visited London on holiday, you were so 'jolly.' You toured all of London with me. You liked my company then; why are you so boring now that you're back in Pakistan?"
Aneel said coldly, "That was a different time, Ramsha. I was there for a vacation. This is my city, my university. I have a reputation here and relationships I don't want to hurt." Ramsha looked at him mockingly. "Aneel, be a realist. We are going to be future partners." Aneel clenched his fist, his mind filled only with the image of Reeja's tearful face.
Back at the canteen, Samra and Rohan looked at Reeja with pity. Reeja quietly gathered her things and walked to the parking lot. In the car, she stared out the window so the driver wouldn't see her tears. Every time she wiped her eyes, the image of Aneel leaving with Ramsha pierced her heart. When she reached home, her mother, Zarmeena, noticed her pale face and wondered what had happened. Reeja sighed deeply and hurried to her room.
Meanwhile, Rahman Sahab sat in his room, lost in the past. He was once crazy for even a glimpse of Fiza. Now, seeing her as his brother-in-law's wife... his heart sank. He pulled a locked diary from his drawer—one he had hidden years ago. As he turned the pages, a photograph fell out. Suddenly, he sensed someone's presence and turned around...
To be continued...
Legal Notice & Copyright
Disclaimer: This story is a work of fiction. All characters, names, and events are products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons or events is purely coincidental.
All Rights Reserved © 2026 Ishrat Zahid. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, social media copy-pasting, or other electronic methods, without the prior written permission of the author. Legal action will be taken in case of any illegal copying or plagiarism.

Comments
Post a Comment