My Soulmate (Mera Mahi)-Chapter :9
My Soulmate (Mera Mahi)
Chapter: 9
When Zarmineh saw them both silent, she stepped out. Finding a place for prayer, she began her Salah. Tears rolled down her lashes; she couldn't discern if they were tears of gratitude or the pain of shattered trust. She and Siraj had been companions for years, yet he hadn't deemed her worthy of the truth. "How will I face Reja?" she whispered after her prostration. Raising her hands in prayer, she cried out, "O Allah! Give me the strength to bear this shock. How could someone spend years in the same room, sharing a life, while hiding such a massive secret?" If I had a past and Siraj found out, would he have forgiven me?" This question echoed in her mind. After finishing her prayers and praying for her daughter's recovery, she returned to the room. She saw Siraj sitting near Reja. Zarmineh quietly sat on the sofa, clutching her prayer beads, avoiding their gaze.
Both Siraj and Reja noticed her unusual silence. "Mama, are you feeling okay?" Reja asked. Zarmineh merely offered a faint "Hmm" in response. Siraj was staring at Zarmineh's face. Her features were beautiful—anyone who looked closely couldn't help but admire her. I perhaps never looked closely before, he thought. I was so drowned in my own grief that I tormented two innocent souls and sacrificed two lives at the altar of my ego. He knew Zarmineh wouldn't forgive him easily. He had been harsh with her over trivial mistakes, restricted her visits to her parents, and stopped Reja from visiting her grandfather. How can I stop Reja now? I had a past, too. I couldn't stop myself when I loved someone... and Reja has my blood in her veins. His thoughts were interrupted by a knock. A nurse entered for a routine check-up. "The patient is stable now. If you wish, I can ask the doctor to prepare the discharge slip." Siraj asked Reja if she wanted to go home, and she eagerly agreed.
At home, Nasreen realized she needed to check on her niece. She went to Anil's room to ask him, but the room was empty. Her worry grew as she called his number; it rang, but he didn't answer. Later, Zarmineh called and informed her that Anil hadn't arrived there since Dawn, but Reja was being discharged. Nasreen felt relieved. Soon, Anil called: "I'm out for some urgent work. Everything is fine; I'm heading to the hospital now. I'll explain when I get home." In the hospital, as Reja tried to get up, Zarmineh supported her. "Are you feeling dizzy?" she asked. Reja looked at her mother and smiled, hiding her own pain. She saw the lack of spark in her mother's eyes. Mama had endured so much with patience.
Anil arrived with flowers and a card, bringing a smile to Reja's face. She needed his support to lighten her heart, but not in front of her mother. The doctor came in and encouraged Reja: "No matter the circumstances, never stop fighting." As they left, Siraj unexpectedly thanked Anil: "You brought Reja here just in time. Thank you." Anil was stunned by his uncle's sudden change in demeanor. He started the car and drove toward the destination where Nasreen was waiting. Once home, Reja went straight to her room. As Zarmineh was leaving, Reja whispered, "Mama, stay with me tonight. My heart feels restless." Zarmineh kissed her forehead. "I'm right here."
The night was long for Siraj. The fear of his past being revealed to Zarmineh kept him awake. The grand dinner had been postponed by two days. When he checked on them, he saw Zarmineh reciting prayers for Reja. Tonight, he had to be alone. At the call of the Fajar prayer, he decided to pray. He had lost his connection with Salah years ago after the death of his first wife; today, because of Reja, that bond was renewed. Preparations for the dinner at Mian Ji's Haveli were in full swing. The guests began to arrive. Fiza looked stunning. Zarif and Fiza were at the entrance when Rehman's car pulled up. As Rehman entered, hearing Fiza's name from his lips left her shocked. "Where did you go?" Rehman asked, his voice trembling. Zarif stepped forward and said, "Let me introduce you; this is my wife, Fiza."
The ground slipped beneath Rehman's feet. Time seemed to freeze. Zarif's words, "This is my wife," hammered into his ears. Fiza stood like a statue, her face clouded with fear and shock. Rehman began to suffocate. He wiped the sweat from his brow and turned away without a word. Anil ran after him. "Baba! What happened?" Rehman could only mutter one name: "Fiza..." "Baba, Fiza Mami is inside. What's wrong?" Anil was confused, but Rehman pushed his hand away and rushed to the car as if fleeing from a ghost. Inside the hall, a deafening silence fell. Everyone's eyes were on Fiza, who was staring at the path Rehman had taken, looking as if she had lost everything. What was the secret between Rehman and Fiza that had exploded like a bomb within the Haveli walls? Was Rehman's past finally coming to light?
To be continued...
Copyright & Disclaimer
Copyright © Ishrat Zahid (Ishrat Khanum). All rights reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including posting on other platforms, YouTube channels, or blogs, without the prior written permission of the author. This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Comments
Post a Comment