My Soulmate(Mera Hisaar) Chapter:5

 My Soulmate(Mera Hisaar) 


Chapter 5: Echoes of the Past and Hidden Agendas

Leaving the canteen, the trio of friends headed toward their class. Rohan broke the silence, asking, "Samra, did you get a chance to talk to Reeja?" Reeja, who had been lost in her own world of thoughts, suddenly snapped back to reality. "Talk about what?" she asked, her voice slightly strained. Rohan looked at her with concern. "It's been two days, Reeja. Aneel hasn't shown up at the university, and his phone is switched off." Reeja tried to maintain a mask of indifference, though her heart felt heavy. "That girl, Ramsha—the daughter of his father's business partner—took him with her the other day. He must be with her. He'll show up when he's free." With that, she quickened her pace, leaving them behind. Samra and Rohan stopped, watching her walk away. "Don't you think their families are being unfair to them?" Rohan whispered. "I know," Samra replied sadly. "This feud between their families isn't new. Reeja has been my friend since school; we did our matriculation together. Our mothers are close friends too. Reeja's mother, Zarmeene, isn't even allowed to meet her own sister, Nasreen, by her husband. They only meet when Mian Ji calls for a family gathering. But whenever the men of the family come face-to-face, a new storm erupts. "Samra continued, sharing more family history. "Salman Bhai used to live with Mian Ji; he was his nephew. There was so much chaos surrounding his marriage that he moved to Canada with his wife right after the wedding. He wanted to get away from this toxic atmosphere."

Rohan asked if Siraj Sahab met his other siblings. Samra explained, "It's all about land and property. And Siraj Sahab wants to control everyone. Reeja's aunt is very sophisticated; I've met her. She often tells Zarmeene Aunty how hard it must be to tolerate Siraj Sahab's rigid nature all these years." Rohan sighed heavily. "In these circumstances, it feels like Aneel and Reeja will never be together." Samra spoke with a glimmer of hope, "Mian Ji and Nani are trying their best to get them married. I talked to my grandmother about it because I can't stand seeing Reeja in tears. She has loved Aneel since childhood, before she even knew what the word 'love' meant. Ramsha is no match for him; she is arrogant and blinded by wealth. Didn't you see how she came to pick him up? As if Aneel weren't a human but her property. " At the grand mansion, Roshan Ara had Zareef's room opened. She made sure Mani cleaned it every week, but today she came for a personal inspection. "Mani, I think I should change the curtains. I want everything to look brand new for Zareef when he returns after all these years." Mani smiled warmly. "Amma Ji, I've already ordered them. I know exactly which colour scheme Uncle Zareef likes. I've even moved the old bed to the guest room and ordered new furniture on Mian Ji's instructions. " Roshan Ara's eyes widened in surprise. "He acts so angry, yet he still cares so much for Zareef?"

"It's just temporary anger, Amma Ji," Mani reassured her. "Once he hugs Zareef, all the resentment will vanish." Roshan Ara placed a hand on Mani's head affectionately. "After Zareef, you are the only one I can call my own, Mani. My daughters, Zarmeene and Nasreen, don't even visit despite being so close. Their husbands' wills bind them. If they can't come, they send their children, and for me, that is enough for now." Mani took the opportunity to speak up. "Amma Ji, I have a suggestion. Reeja is perfect for Aneel. You should talk to Mian Ji about their marriage. No one will dare refuse him. " Roshan Ara mused, "Yes, I will do something. But let Zareef arrive first; perhaps his presence will soften everyone's hearts." Reeja was in the kitchen, preparing to bake, when her aunt called. "How is my darling?" her aunt asked lovingly. "I'm in the kitchen, Auntie. "Thinking of making brownies," Reeja replied. When her aunt asked about her parents, Reeja's mood dipped. " Baba is at the office, and Mama went to a friend's house. Baba always finds an issue. Auntie, you've met Mian Ji's family... are they really such bad people?" Her aunt spoke softly, "Siraj wasn't always this harsh. He used to be a very kind, cheerful, and lively person. I don't know why he changed... perhaps when someone leaves your life, you close the doors of happiness upon yourself."

Reeja froze. "What do you mean, Auntie? What happened in Baba's past? Who left him? Please, tell me!" Realising she had said too much, her aunt quickly changed the subject. "Nothing, dear, I just said it generally. You focus on your brownies. I'll have some when I visit this weekend. Take care, Allah Hafiz." The call ended, but Reeja was left in deep thought. Was Baba not always like this? Is there a secret Mama and Auntie are hiding? In his room, Aneel sat alone. It was the second day he had skipped university. Nasreen entered with a breakfast tray. Seeing the room in darkness, she switched on the light. Aneel winced. "Mama, please turn it off." Nasreen said firmly, "Ignoring reality won't change it, Aneel. Get up and eat. I haven't eaten a morsel, waiting for you. Aneel, your father always imposes his will. I never wanted you to grow up in this shadow. Just promise me, don't ever become "another Rehman." Aneel sat up, his voice filled with pain. "Mama, are all fathers like this? My friends' fathers are so friendly, but my father doesn't have a moment for me." Nasreen kissed his forehead. "He is his own master. Even I don't fully know his past; all I know is that you are my most precious gift."

Aneel hugged his mother tightly. "Mama, you are my only support. Come, let's eat together." Meanwhile, Ramsha parked her flashy car in front of Rehman Sahab's office. She looked up at the towering building with a triumphant smirk. It was Rehman's hard work, but her father owned a 30% share as his business partner. Marrying Aneel meant becoming the owner of it all. Her father had explained that the new factory was also being planned in Aneel's name, and she was on a mission to secure her future. She walked in with an air of authority, forcing her way into Rehman Sahab's cabin despite the ongoing meeting. Rehman Sahab ended the meeting and rose from his seat. "Come in, Ramsha! Why so much anger?" "Uncle, I only came here for Aneel, but he doesn't even know how to talk properly! I went to the university to surprise him, and he ruined my mood," she complained. Rehman Sahab closed his file and tried to pacify her. "Fine, come with me. I'm heading home shortly. We'll have dinner together, and you can sit with Aneel and plan a day out."

To be Continued....

Copyright & Disclaimer Copyright © 2026 Ishrat Zahid. All Rights Reserved. All rights to this story are reserved by the author, Ishrat Zahid. No part of this text may be copied, stolen, or republished on any platform, website, or social media without the author's permission. Legal action will be taken against any infringement.

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Comments

Mera Hisar, Social Stories

Mera Hisar (My Fortress)-Chapter 6

Mera Hisaar (My Fortress): Last Chapters (Mega Finale)